Board Briefs - August 10, 2021
During its regular meeting of August 10, 2021, the Governing Board of the Travis Unified School District...
… presented a Reopening Update for the 2021-22 school year which includes TUSD COVID protections in place, information regarding Independent Study and the district calendar.
...adopted Board Goals for the 2021-22 school year. Additionally the Board will revisit the current goal around instruction at the September Board meeting. Adopted goals include:
- Ensure a safe and productive environment using support systems to maintain calm classrooms focused on learning and to enhance student social and emotional wellness.
- Enhance constructive communication within and outside of the school community with a special focus on involving parents as active partners in their child's education.
- Provide basic services and manage resources responsibly while maintaining the collaborative budget process. Enhance, create, and modernize facilities that support lifelong educational programs.
...approved Board Policies related to civility, drug and alcohol testing for school bus drivers, collective bargaining agreement, employee security, intradistrict open enrollment, child abuse prevention and reporting, suicide prevention, search and seizure, environmental education, independent study, alternative schools and developer fees.
...motion to consider the following options for future Board Meetings Setting:
- Return to conducting the board meetings in-person as the District did prior to the pandemic. The Board directed staff to request quotes from vendors to purchase a new sound system.
Upcoming Board Meeting(s):
- September 14, 2021 ~ Regular Board Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. closed session) @ Travis Education Center (2775 De Ronde Drive, Fairfield)
- October 19, 2021 ~ Regular Board Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. closed session) @ Travis Education Center (2775 De Ronde Drive, Fairfield)
(meeting times are subject to change)