Board Briefs - August 11, 2020
During its regular meeting of August 11, 2020, the Governing Board of the Travis Unified School District...
...held a public hearing and adopted Resolution 2020-21-02, authorizing the District to levy Level 1 developer fees of $4.08 per square foot for new residential additions and $0.66 per square foot for new commercial and industrial construction other than retail-self storage which is justified at $0.35 per square foot. This increase is based on the District’s Level 1 Fees Justification Report which also was approved by the Board at the June 2020 meeting.
...held a public hearing regarding the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan which will be brought back to their September 8 meeting for discussion and approval.
...re-adopted Board Goals for the 2020-21 school year:
- Focus on instructional excellence to increase achievement for every student using support systems to improve student learning and to close achievement gaps in order to prepare students for college and career.
- Ensure a safe and productive environment using support systems to maintain calm classrooms focused on learning and to enhance student social and emotional wellness.
- Enhance constructive communication within and outside of the school community with a special focus on involving parents as active partners in their child's education.
- Provide basic services and manage resources responsibly while maintaining the collaborative budget process. Enhance, create, and modernize facilities that support lifelong educational programs.
...approved board policies related to the local plan for special education, the COVID-19 mitigation plan, uniform complaint procedures, access to district records, budget, employee notifications, employee assignments, bloodborne pathogens, universal precautions, employee compensation, nondiscrimination/harassment, parent involvement, and ceremonies and observances;
…was presented with the 45-Day Budget Report which includes a net revenue increase of $5,592,076 (includes $3,089,726 of COVID-19 Funding) and an expenditure increase of $4,565,094 (includes 3,089,726 of COVID-19 expenditures) to the District’s 2020-21 adopted budget.
Upcoming Board Meeting(s):
- September 8, 2020 ~ Regular Board Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. closed session)
- October 13, 2020 ~ Regular Board Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. closed session)
(meeting times are subject to change)