Board Briefs- December 10, 2019
During its regular meeting of December 10, 2019, the Governing Board of the Travis Unified School District...
…held its Annual Organization meeting to elect officers and approve meeting dates for the 2020-21 school year, as follows:
- elected Ivery Hood as Board President, Russ Barrington as Board Vice President, and Janet Jackson Forbes as Board Clerk;
- established that regular meetings of the Board shall continue to be held the second Tuesday of the month, with the exception of July (no meeting held), December (to be held Dec. 15), February (to be held Feb. 16), and June where there will be two meetings. 2020/21 schedule is as follows: August 11, September 8, October 13, November 10, December 15, January 12, February 16, March 9, April 13, May 11, June 8, June 16;
…approved the following overnight/out-of-
state field trips:
- The Vanden High School Boys Basketball team will participate in the Mark Gallo Invitational Tournament in Modesto, CA December 12-14, 2019.
- The Vanden High School Girls Basketball team will participate in the Tarkanian Classic GBB Tournament in Las Vegas, Nevada December 18-21, 2019.
- Vanden Cheer will participate in the National Cheer Competition in Las Vegas, Nevada February 20-23, 2020.
…approved the district’s First Interim Budget Report certifying that, based on current projections, the District anticipates a positive fund balance for the current year and the next two years and is able to certify a “Positive” status. This is notwithstanding a slight decline in enrollment when compared to 2019-20 and an overall decline in enrollment when compared with 2013-14. The presentation can be found here.
Upcoming Board Meeting(s):
- January 14, 2020 ~ Regular Board Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. closed session) @ Travis Education Center (2775 De Ronde Drive, Fairfield)
- February 11, 2020 ~ Regular Board Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. closed session) @ Travis Education Center (2775 De Ronde Drive, Fairfield)
(meeting times are subject to change)