Board Briefs - October 8, 2019
During its regular meeting of October 8, 2019, the Governing Board of the Travis Unified School District...
...heard a presentation by Center Elementary students regarding Student Council;
...recognized those students achieving proficiency in English, based on the State’s language test;
...held a public hearing to offer the opportunity for public comment regarding Travis Unified School District’s (TUSD) contract proposal for negotiations with Travis Unified Teachers Association (TUTA). The Board later adopted TUSD’s Initial Proposal to TUTA and accepted TUTA’s Initial Proposal to TUSD.
...approved the following reports in addressing LCAP (Local Control Accountability Plan) Local Indicators:
- State Priority #1 Local Indicator: Basic Services and Conditions at Schools
- State Priority #2 Local Indicator: Implementation of State Academic Standards
- State Priority #3 Local Indicator: Parent Engagement
- State Priority #6 Local Indicator: School Climate
- State Priority #7 Access to a Broad Course of Study
Upcoming Board Meeting(s):
- November 12, 2019 ~ Regular Board Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. closed session) @ Travis Education Center (2775 De Ronde Drive, Fairfield)
- December 10, 2019 ~ Regular Board Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. closed session) @ Travis Education Center (2775 De Ronde Drive, Fairfield)
(meeting times are subject to change)