Board Briefs - August 13, 2019
During its regular meeting of August 13, 2019, the Governing Board of the Travis Unified School District...
...approved a $10 per day increase to the certificated substitute salary, for substitutes working on Mondays and Fridays. The increase seeks to attract substitutes in fulfilling absences on the days with statistically higher employee absences.
...re-adopted Board Goals for the 2019-20 school year:
- Focus on instructional excellence to increase achievement for every student using support systems to improve student learning and to close achievement gaps in order to prepare students for college and career.
- Ensure a safe and productive environment using support systems to maintain calm classrooms focused on learning and to enhance student social and emotional wellness.
- Enhance constructive communication within and outside of the school community with a special focus on involving parents as active partners in their child's education.
- Provide basic services and manage resources responsibly while maintaining the collaborative budget process. Enhance, create, and modernize facilities that support lifelong educational programs.
…heard the 45-Day Budget Report which includes a net revenue increase of $82,194 and an expenditure decrease of $379,494 to the District’s 2019-20 adopted budget.
Upcoming Board Meeting(s):
- September 10, 2019 ~ Regular Board Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. closed session) @ Travis Education Center (2775 De Ronde Drive, Fairfield)
- October 8, 2019 ~ Regular Board Meeting, 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. closed session) @ Travis Education Center (2775 De Ronde Drive, Fairfield)
(meeting times are subject to change)