AB 104 Grade Changes

Posted by Janelle Preston on 7/30/2021 8:00:00 AM

AB 104 authorizes parents/guardians of students (or 18 year old students) enrolled in high school in 2020-21 to request grade changes from letter grades to Pass/No Pass. These P/NP grades will not have a negative effect on GPAs (Grade Point Averages).

AB 104 requires that all Grade Change Applications be submitted within 15 calendar days of the district posting the application. All applications are therefore due on Friday, August 13 and no applications can be accepted after that date.

We urge families to consider this decision carefully. Some postsecondary institutions have agreed to accept these grades for admissions purposes. (view list) Other postsecondary institutions, including those in other states as well as in California, may or may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.

Please note that your decision is irrevocable, and if you have the grades changed now, we cannot change them back to letter grades in the future if a student is applying to a school that requires a letter grade. The form is available here: Grade Change Application

Print and fill out the form and submit it with signature in the Vanden or TEC school office. We will also have printed forms available in the offices.