More than a Meal
The Alternate Meal (previously free/reduced priced meal) Program affects a variety of areas unrelated to school meals, including school funding, discounted programs, and access to supplementary services. Even if your child doesn’t plan to eat school lunches, it is important to fill out the Alternate Meal Program (AMP) application to ensure our schools and families receive all available resources.
Each qualifying AMP application increases TUSD’s funding over the next 3 years, allowing Travis Unified to continue providing services to ALL students:
- Access to social and emotional support for students, which is, and will continue to be, crucial for our students who are in the midst of a variety of stressors, including isolation, social injustice concerns, and academic pressures
- A family support liaison who provides support and guidance to families based on need including Spanish translation, interpretation, and connection to district and community-based services, resources, and assistance (i.e. tutoring, counseling, parent education, etc.)
- Additional curriculum, resources, and communication tools that would not be available without the additional funding provided through the AMP
- Specialized support such as intervention services for reading and targeted instruction for English language learners
- Student Support Specialists who have been instrumental in supporting student activities, with an emphasis on the orientation of students new to the district and problem resolution outside of the classroom.
Your help is vital so that our students do not lose access to these critical services.
All Travis Unified families are being asked to complete the Alternate Meal Program application. You can join our efforts by:
- Completing the Alternate Meal Program application in your Aeries Parent Portal
- Download the form using this link: Alternate Meal Application Link
- Pickup/drop off the form at meal distribution sites (Cambridge, Foxboro, Scandia, and Vanden)
We appreciate your time and your efforts to help us maximize the services available to our community.