• Complaint Process
    We are committed to resolving concerns in a fair and timely manner.  If you have a concern that cannot be resolved using informal processes, there are four different kinds of formal complaints you may file, and each have slightly different processes.  If you need help determining which kind of complaint you have, filing the complaint, or filling out the complaint form, please contact Student Services.
    Types of complaints
    • If you have a concern about the actions of a district employee, you may file a personnel complaint.

    • If you have a concern about a lack of instructional materials, the condition of school facilities, or teacher misassignment or vacancy, you may file a Williams complaint.

    • If you have a concern about discrimination based on race or ethnicity, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or another protected class; or about the compliance of one of our programs with state or federal laws, you may file a uniform complaint. 

    • If you have a concern about a student who has completed 12th grade and their access to instructional services to pass the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE), you may file a Valenzuela complaint.
    Personnel Complaints
    The first step in resolving classroom-related complaints is to talk to the teacher.  If you are unable to resolve your concerns at that level, please schedule an appointment with the principal.  You may also submit a written complaint to the principal or employee's supervisor using the Personnel Complaint Form.  If the complaint cannot be resolved at the school level, you may submit the Personnel Complaint Form to Student Services at the District Office. Details about the employee complaint process may be found in this Board Policy and Administrative Regulation link.
    Williams Complaints
    Education Code 35186 creates a procedure for the filing of complaints concerning deficiencies related to instructional materials, conditions of facilities that are not maintained in a clean or safe manner or in good repair, teacher vacancy or misassignment, or the lack of opportunity to receive intensive instruction and services to pupils who did not pass one or both parts of the high school exit examination by the end of grade 12. The complaint and response are public documents as provided by law. Complaints may be filed using the Williams Complaint Form.  Complaints may be filed anonymously, but, if you wish to receive a response to your complaint, you must complete the contact information on the form. 
    Uniform Complaints
    Board Policy and Administration Regulation 1312.3 is accessible here and provides details about uniform complaints regarding discrimination and harassment and the process for resolution. In order to file a Uniform Complaint, you may access and use this form link.
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.