STUDENT REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Golden West is welcoming 7th and 8th grade students to apply to be a Mustang Mentor.
- Mustang Mentors help students who help welcome new Mustangs and build connections with their fellow students.
- Students are invited to submit an application through their student email or through their Google Counseling Classroom.
- Golden West will be holding Cyber Safety student presentations led by our Officer Moran, Travis Unified School Resource Officer, Fairfield Police Department.
- This presentation will cover several important topics including how our kids connect online, digital reputation, cyberbullying, and sexting.
- The assemblies will be held during the school day on Wednesday, September 20th.
Golden West is celebrating National Bullying Prevention Month to help teach our students kindness, inclusion, and empathy in hopes of creating a world without bullying.
This month, there will be morning announcements reviewing what bullying is and how students can be upstanders and stand up for what is right. Students will also be finishing a bully prevention pledge during the 1st week of October in their 1st period classes that asks them to complete one of the following sentences:
"I will stand up for others by..."
"I will show kindness by..."
"I will prevent bullying by..."
"I will support my peers by..."
The 3rd week of October will include a poster making campaign at lunch, where students can create posters to increase the awareness of bullying prevention. There will also be a large pledge poster students can sign to end bullying.
On Wednesday, October 18th, everyone is asked to Wear Blue in recognition of Bullying Prevention Month.
The 4th week of October, students will be given a Kindness Checklist where they are challenged to complete a variety of takes to spread kindness and positivity to others. Students who can complete the whole checklist will receive special recognition.
At home you can help us put an end to bullying by talking about it with your child, encouraging them to be kind to everyone they meet and emphasizing the importance of speaking up whenever they see bullying happen.