Important Notice: This was updated on May 26 th
I wish to thank all of my students and parents for their patience, kind words, and support. This unprecedented time has challenged us in ways we could have never imagined. I am so happy, I had over 80% of my students partipicating and learning. This is a testament to what awesome parents you are.
I always knew how much I loved teaching history, but I came to realize it was because of my daily contact with my 8th grade students. I miss you terribly and this is the end of our year.
I always said, because you were born you are a part of history. What I did not know is what an epic part of history you are a part of. What is your legacy going to be, how are you going to use your power? Are you going to make this world better? I challenge you to do so.
I am better for knowing you.
Have a great summer!!!
No work for my class has changed......WHEW......Everything is still posted on my website calendar. Students need to do the Reading Lesson Checks below which is Topic 5 (Chapter 5) Society and Culture before the Civil War, and send them to me. (instructions on how to send them to me are also below) I have had 102 students send them to me already. Thank you.
In May: There are Cornell Notes on the Civil War. All students must have this knowledge in High School and beyond. These notes are self explanatory, the corresponding headings and page numbers are on the worksheet. I highly recommend everyone do these. Assignments are posted throughout the entire month as to not overwhelm you, but work must be turned in for credit by May 22.
This is what ALL students must turn in: (instructions to turn in are listed below)
Topic 5 (chapter 5) all of the Reading Lesson Checks
1. P. 330 1-4
2. p. 340 1-5
3. p. 352 1-5
4. p. 359 1-5
5. p.373 1-5
6. p. 381 1-5
Students may also complete the 8 Readings that are posted on my calendar. You will see this assignment is posted in Aeries.
Students may complete the Cornell Notes, posted on my website, in May, on the Civil War.
What does this mean for you?
1) The Grade book for 3rd quarter will stand in Aeries.
2) Anything you have done since March 17th will add to your grade not detract .
3) Students must complete the 6 Lesson Checks and turn in for credit.
4) All other work assigned on my website is considered enrichment and is recommended you do.
5) For my students in the D or F range: please do all the work so you can bring your grades to a passing mark.
How do you show me work completed?
Your health and wellness is the MOST important thing to me. So if you have been working and wish to show me what your have completed, you may do any of the optional choices below.
1) Instagram-I have a teacher account: goldenwestcastro ( I am in my Halloween costume in front of the map)
I will friend you and you can post pictures of your work or send me a story or however you want to show my your work via instagram
2) You can send me a video on my school e mail account and show me the work you have completed
3) You can send me pictures of your work, but I do not want one assignment per page. Send me several assignments per page.
4) Make sure your work is labelled and your name is on it.
If you have any questions I am here for you. Stay healthy, I am thinking about you.