Hello Viking Football fans!
Thank you for your support and enthusiasm for our State Champion Vanden Viking Football Team!
Vanden High School, in association with the California Interscholastic Federation promotes interscholastic events and sportsmanship. Sportsmanship is an essential part of any athletic competition and is expected from athletes, coaches, officials and fans. As a fan/spectator (student or adult) of Vanden High School we want you to be an example of positive encouragement while supporting our athletes, coaches, officials, and staff. Our behavior should be positive, respectful and encouraging of the athletes, coaches, officials, and staff during the entire game.
In order to create and maintain a positive, safe game environment, the following expectations and policies will be in effect:
- No bags of any kind/outside food/drink will be allowed at games. This policy is for everyone, including students, fans, and parents. This includes backpacks, bags, cinch sacks, and large purses. Clear bags are allowed. Water will be allowed.
- Any student that is not a TUSD student will need to go to the visitor side, and they will be required to remain there throughout the game.
- Middle school students from Golden West will be admitted to the home side with their current school ID and their parent escorting them. They cannot be dropped off.
- All students must have a current 22-23 school ID card. IDs will be checked at entry and required for all students.
- Students/fans attending the game are expected to sit in the stands during the game. Standing/gathering will not be permitted.
- All Vanden High School/ TUSD behavioral expectations are in effect during school events. Students not complying will not be permitted to stay at the game. Fighting will result in ejection from the game, suspension from future games, and school suspension.
- The home gate is located on Viking Lane and the Visitor gate is located near the baseball backstop. Home and away fans must enter through their designated gate.
- Enthusiastic support of your team
- Good sportsmanship
- Family friendly atmosphere
- Commitment to safety
- Welcoming attitude to all fans and visitors
- Disruptive, unruly, or intoxicated behavior
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Rudeness to fellow fans or Travis Unified personnel
- Use of alcohol, drugs or tobacco at Vanden High School athletic events
- Visibly intoxicated or disruptive fans
- Use of artificial noise makers
We look forward to a positive experience for all, as we cheer on our State Champion football team!
Reminder: We have a cashless gate for sporting events. The GoFan link to purchase tickets for all home games, is here for your convenience: GoFan.co
Kristin Shields, Principal
Vanden High School