Attention Class of 2021 SENIORS: Graduation will be Livestreamed for family and friends at home. Link will be posted on the Vanden Website.
Link to Livestream Graduation Ceremony (click here)
Hello Class of 2021 and families, (updated information 6-1-2021)
Solano County moved into the orange tier today and we are excited to announce that all graduates will now receive 4 tickets. Please review the information below and then complete the Google Form to preregister those attending. Only those who have preregistered may attend and all attendees and participants must wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines.
Ticket pre-registrationYou will be given 4 tickets for graduation. All attendees must comply with guidelines set forth by California Department of Public Health and Travis Unified School District.docs.google.com
- Date: Saturday, June 5, 2021
- Time: 10:00 AM
- Ceremony Location: Vanden High School Football Stadium (George A. Gammon Field)
- Graduate Report Time/To: 9:00 AM. Graduates specific location assigned at ticket distribution
- Spectator Gates Open: 9:00 AM
4 spectator tickets per graduate (handed out at Senior Sunset, June 3rd at 7:30 pm at the Stadium - after seniors complete their walk-through rehearsal of the ceremony). If they do not attend the senior sunset, tickets will be available in the office on Friday, June 4th.
All parking lots around the campus will be open for parking. Disabled parking, due to the logistics of the stadium location, will be located near the corner of Markeley Lane and Viking Lane. We recommend allowing plenty of time to drop off your disabled guests.
GRADUATE DRESS CODE
Seniors – dress clothing, slacks, dresses, dress shirts, or dress shorts. For all – Any senior who has a question about appropriate dress should contact an administrator prior to graduation day. Remember you will have pictures taken and want to dress accordingly.
SHOES (GUESTS AND GRADUATES)
No stiletto/spiked heel shoes will be allowed on the turf field. Flats or wedge heels only.
Items that could obstruct the view of other guests; such as inflatable items, balloons, noise-makers, huge posters and big faces – are all strictly prohibited at the stadium by both graduates and guests.
Students may not bring personal items on to the field with them except for a phone. We advise students to leave personal belongings (purses, bags, coats, etc.) with their parents prior to reporting to the baseball field. We cannot stress this enough. Only water bottles will be permitted into the stadium, anything else will need to be disposed of prior to entering the stadium.
Graduates will have a photograph taken as they receive their diploma. Images by Hughes posts the photographs for purchase at: imagesbyhughes.com.
Students will exit the stadium after the ceremony and return back to their starting location. Students will receive their diplomas (if fines are cleared) prior to meeting up with their parent/guardian.
In order to participate in the graduation exercises, students must not have any outstanding debts for textbooks, laptops, materials, or uniforms. Return all items on or before Thursday, June 3rd from 12:00-5:00 pm at Library back window.
Graduation Cap Decorating Guidelines
It is appropriate to put the following on your cap:
- Thank a parent, grandparent, teacher, friend
- Recognize your high school activities (ex. sports, clubs, co-curricular activities)
- Recognize the university you will be attending
- Your graduation year
- The branch of the military you will be joining
- Cannot contain any advertisement, symbols, abbreviations, initials, words, slogans, patches, or pictures that: Refer to drugs or controlled substances, tobacco, alcohol, or weapons or be of a sexual nature.
- Cannot denote an affiliation with gangs or which advocate drug use, violence, illegal activity, or disruptive behavior which is detrimental to the safety and welfare of other students.
- Cannot be obscene, profane, vulgar, or lewd.
- Cannot include numbers other than the graduation year.
- Cannot threaten the safety and welfare of any person.
- Cannot make noise. No bells, horns, or anything that makes noise.
- Decorations must be 2 dimensional and only the flat, top area of the mortar board may be decorated.
- There may be nothing hanging down from any of the sides of the cap.
Kristin Shields, Principal