Welcome to Ms. Negin's webpage! Use the links below or in the menu on the left to navigate this site.
I teach AP English Literature and Composition, English 1, and Introduction to Journalism/Advanced Journalism. For more information and resources for either course, please click on the links to the appropriate course above or on the menu to the left.
I encourage parents, guardians, and students to contact me at any time with comments, questions or concerns. Email is the best way to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org. My Vanden High School phone number is (707)-437-7333.
Students must submit work to turnitin.com on a regular basis. The district created accounts for students in turnitin.com using their student email addresses. Students were also enrolled in their English teacher's classes. Please use the following resources to get help with turnitin.com or contact Ms. Negin for assistance.
- How to submit an assignment (open this link)
- Signing into your account
- Go to travisusd.org/vanden
- Click on the astronaut icon
- Sign into launchpad using your STUDENT ID only and your school password
- Click on Turnitin.com
- If it doesn't automatically log you in, enter your full Travis USD email and school password
- Signing up for a class
- Follow the instructions above for signing into your account.
- At the top of the page next to "All Classes," click "Enroll in a Class."
- Enter the Class ID and Password provided by your instructor.
What Ms. Negin's Reading
- 2020-2021 Reading Log:
- Opposite of Always by Justin Reynolds
- The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri
- Being the Change: Lessons and Strategies to Teach Social Comprehension by Sara K Ahmed
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- You Are No Longer in Trouble by Nicole Stellon O'Donnell
- The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
- Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
- Cultivating Genius: An Equity Framework for Culturally and Historically Responsive Literacy by Gholdy Muhammad
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
- The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport Limited by Clint McElroy, Griffin McElroy, Justin McElroy, Travis McElroy, and Carey Pietsch
- What Made Maddy Run by Kate Fagan
- March Book Two by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell
- Point-Less by Sarah Zerwin
- Shout by Laurie Halse Anderson
- They Called Us Enemy by George Takei
- Just Finished: In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado
- Currently Reading: Teaching to Transgress by bell hooks and various short story anthologies
- Next: Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- 2020-2021 Reading Log: