The office remains closed to the public.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
8:00am-12:30pm (In office for appointments)
12:30pm-1:30pm (Closed for lunch)
1:30pm-3:45pm (Available by phone only)
Wednesday: 8:00am-3:45pm (Available by phone only)
Everyday, we strive to meet the unique needs of our students.
98% of our student body is comprised of students of active duty or retired military personnel.
If you are moving to our area, please contact us with questions regarding school registration.
The Alternate Meal (previously free/reduced priced meal) Program affects a variety of areas unrelated to school meals, including school funding, discounted programs, and access to supplementary services. Even if your child doesn’t plan to eat school lunches, it is important to fill out the Alternate Meal Program (AMP) application to ensure our schools and families receive all available resources.
Each qualifying AMP application increases TUSD’s funding over the next 3 years, allowing Travis Unified to continue providing services to ALL students:
· Access to social and emotional support for students, which is, and will continue to be, crucial for our students who are in the midst of a variety of stressors, including isolation, social injustice concerns, and academic pressures
· A family support liaison who provides support and guidance to families based on need including Spanish translation, interpretation, and connection to district and community-based services, resources, and assistance (i.e. tutoring, counseling, parent education, etc.)
· Additional curriculum, resources, and communication tools that would not be available without the additional funding provided through the AMP
· Specialized support such as intervention services for reading and targeted instruction for English language learners
· Student Support Specialists who have been instrumental in supporting student activities, with an emphasis on the orientation of students new to the district and problem resolution outside of the classroom.
Your help is vital so that our students do not lose access to these critical services.
All Travis Unified families are being asked to complete the Alternate Meal Program application. You can join our efforts by:
· Completing the Alternate Meal Program application in your Aeries Parent Portal
· Download the form using this link: /cms/lib/CA01902810/Centricity/Domain/4/AlternativeAppExternal.pdf
· Pickup/drop off the form at meal distribution sites (Cambridge, Foxboro, Scandia, and Vanden)
We appreciate your time and your efforts to help us maximize the services available to our community
The following link contains clear steps for families to log into Google Classroom: Parent Guide to Google Classroom Login
Also, there are a series of "How To" videos you can access on the TUSD Google Classroom YouTube channel to guide users through various setups. Click here for the TUSD Google Classroom YouTube videos.
Scandia's Food Pantry Now Open
Our school has partnered with the Cost of Courage Foundation, the Travis Air Force Base USO, the First Sergeant’s Association, and the End 68 Hours of Hunger program to create a food pantry located right on our Scandia campus. If you are in need of food, we are here to help! Please contact our School Social Worker, Mrs. Pringle at 707-437-4604 ext. 8222 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time for you to come get any food items you may need from our Scandia Food Pantry. No reporting information or documentation is required to use this service with no cost to our Scandia families.
The Cost of Courage Foundation also runs a food pantry inside the Airmen’s Attic that is available to any service member needing non-perishable foods and personal care items. Please contact the Airmen’s Attic for hours of operation. This foundation also offers Emergency Aid to military families and veterans in need. Please visit www.thecostofcouragefoundation.org to complete the application and learn more about this program.
Scandia Elementary is located on Travis AFB. Access to our school is limited to those with base access.
For those without base access-
If you are vendor visiting our school, you will need to obtain a base pass from the Travis AFB Visitor's Center. You will need a current driver's licence, registration and vehicle insurance to be granted a pass. Please contact our school prior to heading to the visitor center.