2021-2022 Bell Schedule, Revised, includes Holidays and Minimum Days
School Hours: Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri 8:15 -2:40 Wednesday 8:15-1pm
**When coming on the Cambridge campus, everyone is required to wear a mask. Visitors must always check in at the office, Thank you!
Cambridge Weekly Update 9-20-21
Tuesday, 9/21: Picture Day
Wed., 9/22: Early Dismissal Day- 1 pm grades K-6
Thursday, 9/23: Popsicles with the Principals
Lunch Time Routines
• Students need to sit spaced out further (2-3 feet)
• Flow in and out of the MPR: Use the south door (closest to D-Wing) to enter and north door (closest to adult bathrooms) to exit.
• Wear masks on the play structure
TikTok Bathroom Challenge
A TikTok video is circulating on social media that is challenging students to vandalize their school bathrooms and to steal school property. Please remind your scholars about the importance of being leaders and being responsible in the bathroom. Mr. Larry, Ms. Demaris, and our custodial staff do an excellent job of keeping our bathrooms and school community clean! We appreciate all of their hard work and we know our scholars do too!
Based on parent/staff feedback, we have modified our mask policy outside during recess. On the play structures, students will need to wear their masks. Typically, kids play together very close in these areas, so it's a good idea to keep masks on. In the large, middle area of the blacktop, where the kids play foursquare, hopscotch and other games, this will be designated as a "mask optional" area. This area is where kids usually play a little more spaced out. During PE, when exercising vigorously, masks will continue to be optional for students.
• Most teachers have joined the PTA but it would be great if we could get 100% of our teachers to join. Please visit jointotem.com and put the T in PTA!
• Cougar Cave will take place at school on the 29th with 4 PTA staff helpers who have shown proof of vaccination in order to be on campus. Students can spend their Cougar Cash on this day.
• Red Ribbon week will be October 25th-29th. PTA will supply teachers with bags to deliver to students for this week.
• APEX Fun Run was a huge success earning over $39,000 for our school. $7,500 of that will go directly into teacher classroom accounts as a percentage of money earned by their students. The PTA recognizes that our SDC classes have fewer students participating so they will be adding $150 to each of our SDC teacher classroom accounts as well!
There will be more information coming to teachers to get your input on some of these needs/purchases. Our next dine-n-donate will be at Papa Murphy's in October. If you have anything you'd like us to bring to the next PTA meeting please let us know. Your PTA reps are Mrs. Ellinger, Mrs. Womack and Mrs. Green.
Students will need a bus pass in place by September 24 or they will have to be picked up by their parents on September 25.
• Sept. 21 Picture Day & School Site Council
• Sept. 29 Cougar Cave
• Oct. 8-15 No School Fall Break
• October 25-29 Red Ribbon Week
• Oct. 26 Picture Retake Day
Have a Wonderful Weekend,
Ms. Nader and Dr. Walker
RETURNING TO CAMPUSES FOR THE 21-22 SCHOOL YEAR
On June 30, the waiver that allows distance learning will expire. We are excited for all students to attend classes on a full-time, in-person, five-days-a-week schedule beginning August 11! We look forward to refocusing our efforts to provide an excellent in-person educational experience for students supporting their social, emotional, and academic needs. Please keep watch on our website for updates.
For parents who choose an alternative to the traditional setting, Travis Unified offers a rigorous, flexible, and no-cost avenue for academic success in its Travis Independent Study program. For more information, please visit our website.
The District is fully prepared to offer transportation at the beginning of the school year should school guidance from the California Department of Public Health allow us to do so. Please continue to check our website for updates.
Registration for transitional kindergarten and kindergarten students began Feb. 1st. Children who turn 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2016, will register for kindergarten. Children who turn 5 between Sept. 2, 2016, and Dec. 2, 2016, will register for transitional kindergarten and be enrolled in kindergarten the following school year. Please consult the Cambridge school website “Enrollment” tab for our TK/Kindergarten Registration step by step instructional videos, Power Points and all the links to access your Registration and Enrollment process. Contact Shelly Young, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our front office at 707-446-9494 if you have any questions.
Travis Unified School District - Now Hiring, apply at email@example.com or call 437-4604 for more information
This link provides access to the Titan School Solutions Free and Reduced Meal Application.https://family.titank12.com/application/new?identifier=SHEL57