Several sentences of the same length can make for bland writing. To enliven paragraphs, write sentences of different lengths.
This will also allow for effective emphasis.
Essay Checklist Notes
· Does the writer hold the reader’s interest? (Do you get bored?)
· Is the essay consistently relevant to the topic? (Does it stay on track?)
· Is the topic sentence clearly stated? (usually in the first paragraph- not always)
· Does the writer use transition words and phrases? ex: first, next, finally, in conclusion
· Is there a variety of sentence types? - interrogatives, exclamatory, compound/complex sentences?
· Are there minimal errors in conventions of English?
· Is there enough information to have a successful essay? (is it long enough? substance vs. fluff)
· Are paragraphs present? Indenting? Correct format- MLA