Process of Writing Notes
Quick Write Notes
1. Create a graphic organizer with topic
Ex: web cluster, outline form, bullet notes, four square, T-chart, Venn Diagram, etc…
2. Start writing “rough” draft
– don’t lift pencil (lose train of thought)
- don’t stop and think (writer’s block)
- about 5-15 minutes
- write whatever comes to mind until you can get back on track.
3. Revise and Edit your writing- more than once
- make sure writing is relevant to the topic
- check mechanics- spelling, grammar, punctuation, DOL
4. Final draft- rewrite more than once and then go to completed essay. Typed.