Mrs. Yung’s Language Arts Class Room P-1
Dear Parents and Students,
Hello. I am happy to be one of your child’s teachers. It will be a wonderful school year. Please read over and discuss with your child some information that will help him/her succeed in my class.
Rules and Expectations:
- In class on time ready to learn. Keeping a seat warm will not earn a passing grade. You must turn in assignments and participate in class discussions. Have all materials ready for the day including pencils sharpened by the time the bell rings. Wasted time will not be tolerated.
- Quality classwork done on time. Assignments cannot be done in red ink. No name No credit.
- Classwork: We will be using our Springboard texts including digital elements through the Springboard curriculum. There will also be supplementary materials used as well.
- Media-At times film clips, documentaries, or feature films will be shown during the school year. In lieu of sending out permission slips for such rated PG or PG13, your signature grants permission that will apply to the entire school year. Please be assured that ONLY films complementing our curriculum will be viewed and that professional discretion will be exercised in the selection process.
- Homework: All assignments are expected to be turned in ON TIME. Late work will not be accepted. There is an ongoing assignment called SSR Reading Logs. Students will have an SSR book with them at all times. There will be reading and a quality writing log nightly. Please support your child by looking it over. I will have surprise checks before each packet is due. This will affect their grade.
- Make-up work will be accepted in a reasonable amount of time after an absence. I expect students to use their peers to find out what was missed. If the student is absent for one day, he/she has two days to make it up (as per Ed Code). There will also be an agenda book to look at in the classroom.
- Cooperative Groups: Students will work cooperatively in groups and with partners. Almost everyone will be working with each other at some point in the year. At no time will disruption to the overall learning environment be tolerated.
- Grades: Each assignment has a point value. Homework assignments vary from 5-20 points. Tests are from 40-100 points. Class participation will be factored in at the end of each quarter.
A = 90-100%, B =80-89%, C =70-79%, D =60-69%, F=59% and below
The following guideline will be used for students that choose to disrupt the class and take away their fellow students learning time:
- A verbal warning
- Removal from classroom to redirect energy
- Detention and parent notification
Depending on the severity of the situation, steps may be skipped
- Communication- Please check your child’s planner regularly. You should see the daily agenda as well as all homework noted. If you don’t see this, ask about it.
Please use my website as an extra resource: You can find it on the Golden West homepage under teachers
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the best way to get a hold of me. Please sign below to let me know that you have read and gone over this outline with your child. Thank you very much for your support!!☺
------------------------------ --------------------------- ---------------
Student Name Parent Signature Date