Due Thurs., Feb. 20
Find 3 things you would associate with each word, list words in ABC order, use each word in a sentence, and study for test on Friday.
1. eligible - adj. qualified for or alowed or worthy of being chosen
2. justify - v. defend, explain, or make excuses for by reasoning
3. appropriate - adj. suitable for a particular person, place, or situation
4. fascinated - adj. having your attention fixated as though by a spell
5. portable - adj. easily or conveniently transported
6. brigade - n. army unit smaller than a division
7. thoroughly - adv. in an exhaustive manner
8. remarkable - adj. worthy of notice
9. disaster - n. an event resulting in great loss and misfortune
10. devise - v. arrange by systematic planning and united effort
11. elated - adj. exultantly proud and joyuful; in high spirits
12. stabilize - v. support and make steadfast
13. penality - n. a handicap or disadvantage that is imposed on a competitor
14. determined - adj. devoting full strenth and concentated attention to
Argumentative writing. Five paragraphs. Body paragraph model (claim, explanation, evidence, and conclusion) & then argumentative essay.
Begin reading Tangerine which will take 7-10 weeks. After argument writing, we will practice explanatory and response to literature essay writing.
NO HOME READING LOG for week Feb.18-21
Students are to read 30 mins. per session, four sessions per week.