Due Wed., Oct., 9th
Separate words into syllables, complete word search, use each word in a sentence, and studey for test. Test is different this time. I will dictate word, and you will write SPELL word and write its DEFINITION- the exact definition given--not your definition.
1. precept - n. a rule or principle about conduct or behavior
2. monument - n. something built or natural that honors a person or event
3. phobia -n. a strong unreasonable fear of something
4. deeds - n. a something that is done, performed or accomplished; an act
5. pursue - v. to try to get or accomlish; seetk
6. aversion - n. a strong desire to avoid something or someone because of dislike
7. literally - adv. actually, word for word; not exaggerated
8. shurggest - v. to raise or hunch up the shoulders
9. mortality - n. the state or condition or being subjec t to death
10. recital - n. a musical performance, especially one given by a single performer
We are reading the novel Wonder and developing CEEC paragraph model (claim, explanation, evidence, and conclusion) and persuasive essay.
Home Reading Log #4 due Monday, October 21st
Students are to read 30 mins. per session, four sessions per week.