Mrs. Tanya LaBass
Email - TLaBass@travisusd.org
Center is a very special place and has the most amazing students, staff, and families. Together, the staff and myself, we continue to build strong and collaborative relationships with students and families of this great community.
The Center Elementary school community is committed to the academic achievement of ALL students. We develop respectful, caring, empowered thinkers who are engaged in their own learning and ready for the challenge of a diverse, ever-changing global society. Our school promotes a safe, respectful, responsible, and kind environment that establishes high expectations for student success, provides differentiated support for students, and embraces a high level of family involvement.
Center Flyers are . . . STRONGER TOGETHER!
You are your child's first and best teacher. Research shows that the most important aspect in a child's success in school is a high level of family involvement and support. The following are some ways to be involved in your child's education:
- Talk with your child every day about specifics of what is going on at school.
- Discuss the completed work your child has brought home.
- Be available to assist with homework as necessary and check homework after it is done.
- Guide the development of good study skills and provide a work area for your student.
- Communicate high expectations to your child and encourage perseverance.
- Proudly display and share your child's work and progress with friends and relatives.
- Attend and participate in school activities as much as possible, including parent/teacher conferences.
- Volunteer in one of our many programs or a classroom if your schedule allows.
- Keep in close touch with the teacher and communicate, communicate, communicate!
- And most importantly... let us know how we can best meet the needs of your child.
Thank you to our amazing Center Elementary PTA for their tireless efforts in planning school events, assemblies, and fundraisers! I encourage every parent to become involved in the PTA as it will be one of the best ways to connect with the Center Flyer community.
Mrs. LaBass received her Bachelor Degree in Child Development from Sacramento State and her teaching credential from UC Davis. She has spent most of her educational career working for Dixon Joint Unified School District, where she taught for ten years before becoming a teacher on special assignment. During that time, she completed her Master’s in Educational Leadership from Brandman University. Tanya then became an assistant principal, more recently serving as Coordinator in Educational Services for the past four years, focusing mainly on Intervention, English Language Development, Summer School and AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination).