Be Safe, Be Respectful, and Be Responsible are our three school expectations. We teach the students to ask themselves "Am I being Safe... Respectful.... Responsible?" All of the specific school rules relate to these three behaviors.
- School buildings and playgrounds are not open for students until 8:05 a.m. Students should not arrive before that time unless they are eating breakfast. The school grounds will not be supervised.
- Students arriving at school shall go directly to their morning line-up location. During bad weather, students will go directly to their classrooms at 8:05am where they will be supervised by their classroom teacher. Students should not be in school halls before or after school unless they are attending a before/after school program.
- Students should not be in classrooms if the teacher is not there.
- Students must obtain permission to go to the office at all times. Permission should be obtained from the classroom teacher, yard duty supervisor or noon duty aide. Emergency or medical situations are exempt from this rule.
- Students are to go directly home from school.
- Students will be allowed to use the telephone only in emergency or urgent situations.
- Cell phones must be turned off and left in the student’s backpack.
- Students are not to chew gum at school.
- Students should not bring such items as radios, knives, water guns, toys, CD players, playground equipment, etc. to school. (This is an issue of insurance. If an accident occurs with equipment that is brought from home, we may not be covered by insurance. Therefore the school is not responsible for these items if lost or stolen.)